Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, staff in the Department of Social Science will be working remotely and are not available for in-person meetings at Keele Campus. The Department is fully committed to ensuring our students get the support they need. As of March 17, 2020, all student advising will now take place via Zoom or over the phone. Students requiring advising should send a request for an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will respond to arrange an appointment time. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Be well and be safe. (Zoom is a free online video-conferencing application similar to Skype.)
1. LA&PS Emergency Funding for Undergraduate Students. And FGS Emergency Funding for Graduate Students.
2. Graduation, Convocation, and Summer Term news update.
3. YorkU classes moving on-line temporarily due to COVID-19 concerns.
4. Message from president Lenton re COVID-19.
5. YorkU's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Site.
6. This Week @ York provides important announcements collated from the Division of Students.
The Business & Society [BUSO] program is an interdisciplinary liberal arts degree program which provides students with the tools needed to study the relationship between business, the economy and society.
Students enrolled in the program will undertake this study through a multi-disciplinary approach, using texts from philosophy, economics, geography, sociology and political science, to name a few.
The program is structured around 4 (four) core courses and 6 (six) specialized streams. Within the BUSO core courses, capitalist business practices are critically examined and a variety of responses and alternatives to these impacts are evaluated.
25 February 2020 - Food Sovereignty, Climate Justice, and Racial Justice: Making the Links